Gladys Valley Award for Exemplary Administrative Support ($500)
Faculty, staff, and students may submit nominations.
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding job performance and dedication by a College staff person to the individual's Department and to the College. The recipient will receive a certificate of merit, a plaque, and a $500 cash award at the College of Science Awards Day.
- The nominees must be members of the administrative support staff (non-academic) within the College of Science.
- At the time of nomination, the nominee must have a minimum of three years of continuous service in the College of Science at half-time or more.
- Exceptional Job performance
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- Demonstrated initiative and flexibility
- Evidence of favorable peer respect
- Evidence of continued professional growth
- University service outside of job description
- Up to one page: A letter of nomination, addressing key points listed above.
- Optional: One to three additional letters of support up to 200 words each.
- A 1-page summary of the nominee's position description.
- Submit one pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior year nominations will be included for consideration unless otherwise notified by the nominator prior to the deadline.
Nominations that do not meet the guidelines will be returned to the nominator without review.
Previous Award Winners
Mary Fulton, Microbiology, 2019
Paula Christie, Chemistry, 2018
Sharon Betterton, Graphic Design, College of Science, 2017
Traci Durrell-Khalife, Integrative Biology, 2016
Luanne Johnson, Chemistry, 2015
Deanne Wilcox, Mathematics, 2014
Tara Bevandich, Integrative Biology, 2013
Cindra Fisher, Microbiology, 2012
Torri Givigliano, Zoology, 2011
Stacey Schulte, Geosciences, 2010
Melinda Peterson, Geosciences, 2009
Mary Fulton, Microbiology, 2008
Jill Wait, Biochemistry & Biophysics, 2007
Joanne VanGeest, Geosciences, 2006
Joey Carson, Chemistry, 2005
Gail Millimaki, Molecular & Cellular Biology, 2004
Back to Faculty and Staff Awards