Faculty, staff, and students perform a broad array of services that are vital to supporting and sustaining the quality and effectiveness of the College of Science. Examples include service in faculty governance; in academic and student-support efforts; in international development; in community outreach programs; in mentoring students and student groups; in professional scientific organizations; and on department, college, and university committees.
The purpose of the College of Science Distinguished Service Award is to recognize exceptional achievement in service by recognizing outstanding contributions by members of the College of Science.
All faculty, staff, and students in the College are eligible for the award. Nominations may recognize individual or team accomplishments.
Nominations will be reviewed based on the following areas:
- Exceptional Service as evidenced by measurable impact in supporting and sustaining the quality and effectiveness of work in the College of Science. Provide examples.
- At Large Service as evidenced by outstanding individual or team accomplishments to the University at large, community at large or nominee’s profession. Provide examples.
- Equity Impact as evidenced by examples of how the nominee promotes equity, inclusivity, and access. Provide examples.
Deadline: December 1
Draft a 1-page nomination letter on letterhead that includes:
- The individual’s or team’s exceptional service contributions to Science
- The impact of the nominee's service
- The date, nominee's name and email and your name and email (for notification or questions)
Email the file to: Kim.McQueen@oregonstate.edu