Skip to main content

Student Records Processes and Resources

Student Records Processes and Resources

Important terms to remember

Class standing: Students are classified as Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior according to the number of University credit hours completed:

  • Sophomore Standing: 45 credit hours
  • Junior Standing: 90 credit hours
  • Senior Standing: 135 credit hours

When registering for courses, it is important that you check to see if there is a class standing requirement for that course. Many courses require that you have completed enough credits to be considered of sophomore, junior or senior standing before you are eligible to take the course. If that is the case, the restriction will be noted in the schedule of classes with a “CL+ or CL-.” As an example, CL-1,2 means that freshmen and sophomores are not permitted to enroll in that course. Your earned credits also have an impact on when you register: the more credits you have, the higher you are on the priority registration list each term.

Credits to graduate: A minimum of 180 credits is required to graduate, which works out to an average of 15 credits per term (Fall, Winter, and Spring) for four years. Students may not count more than 11 credits of Physical Activity Courses (PAC), 12 credits of applied music courses (MUP) or 15 credits of Academic Learning Services courses (ALS) toward graduation credit. (See page 8 for “What goes into a BA/BS Degree”)

CRN: The “Course Reference Number” is a 5-digit number assigned to an individual section of a course. Every lecture, lab, and recitation section has its own CRN.

Dropping vs. withdrawing: Dropping and Withdrawing are means to “letting go” of a class, and both actions take place in the online registration system. If you use the system to get out of a registered class prior to the drop deadline of a given term, this means you dropped it, and it disappears from your records. From that point until the end of week seven, you can still get out of a class, but it will be considered a “withdrawal” and will be noted on your transcript with a “W” grade. You can’t earn credits for “W” grades, but they do not affect your GPA. See the dates to remember on the next page for specific drop and withdrawal deadlines. The electronic process for dropping and withdrawing via the online registration system is the same. You can find a tutorial on the Registrar’s web page:

GPA: Your grade point average is calculated based on letter-graded classes you have taken at Oregon State. Pass/No Pass courses, classes taken for an S/U grade and transfer courses are not calculated in your GPA.

No-show-drop (NSHD): Certain courses are designated in the Schedule of Classes as NSHD. A student who is registered for such a course and who does not attend during the first five (5) days of the term will be dropped from the course unless the student has obtained prior permission for absence. (academic regulation 9c)

ONID: This is your OSU “Network ID”. Your ONID account not only gets you a university e-mail account (which we strongly encourage you to use and check every day), but it also grants you access to OSU network tools –including Google apps, MyOSU portal, MyDegrees and Canvas. With a few exceptions where you use your 9 digit student ID and your 6 digit GAP, OSU essentially uses your ONID ID and password as the single-service login to all its online resources.

Pass/no-pass (P/N) grading: Alternative form of grading assigned, by Department, to specific courses. These courses are not included in grade point averages, but a “P” grade will apply to graduation credit.

Phase 1 and phase 2 registration: Registration at OSU is divided into two phases. During each phase of registration, you will have a registration day and time that is based on the number of credit hours you earned. The more credits you have earned, the earlier you will be able to register. You can find these days and times by going to “Check Your Registration Status” in the Registration Menu of Student Online Service. During Phase 1, you may register for up to 16 credits, and during Phase 2, you may add to your credit total and you may also add your name to a wait list provided it is not full (see information in closed classes entry). It is important to note that if you don’t complete your Phase 1 registration by the start of Phase 2, you won’t be able to access the registration system until your Phase 2 date.

PIN: Personal Identification Number. New COS students are issued a new PIN each academic term in their first year at OSU. Each year following, they will be issues a new PIN each year for fall term registration.

Prerequisite: This is a class or classes that provide the background necessary for successful performance in another course. OSU uses an automated check of students' records at the time of registration to ensure students have successfully completed the prerequisites for certain courses (Ex. SOC 204 is a prerequisite for SOC 312). You may also encounter classes where the prerequisite is not enforced. While the system may let you register for the class in this instance, that does not exempt you from needing to know the listed prerequisite information. Departments have the latitude to dis-enroll students who have not met the prerequisites.

Satisfactory/unsatisfactory (S/U) grading: The ‘S’ grade corresponds to a letter grade of ‘A’ through ‘C-’. The ‘U’ grade corresponds to a letter grade of “D+’ or lower. Students have until the end of the seventh week to change a class to, or from, S/U grading and must obtain approval from their advisor or dean. Up to 36 credit hours may be taken S/U, except those courses required, by department, for major and/or minor options. S/U grades do not apply to GPA calculations. (academic regulation 18)

Important dates to remember

  • End of Week 1 –
  • End of Week 2 –
  • End of Week 7 –
  • End of Week 8 –
  • End of Week 9 –

Two weeks prior to start of term

Winter term always begins the Monday following New Year’s day.
Spring term always begins the Monday following spring break (if winter term finals are week 11, spring break is week 12, and spring term begins the following week

Office of the registrar resources

Quick links

Canvas for advisors - OtR resources, processes & information

  • Scheduler quick reference guide
  • MyDegrees resources
  • Common registration errors
  • Banner holds
  • Name in use brochure
  • Override codes & what they do
  • Institutional awarding resources
  • And more!

OtR Online advising and staff resources

  • Registrar process & procedures
  • Deadlines
  • OtR advisor digest archive
  • OtR presentation archive (scheduling, registration basics, graduation compliance, MyDegrees basics, etc.)

OtR student forms

Change of grading basis process & procedures

Degree clearance process & procedures

OtR student email logs

Registration quick resources

Quick links

  1. Priority registration website
  2. Registration Holds


COS contacts

New incoming students

All new first-year and transfer students must attend START orientation. Students may not receive their PIN for registration until they have attended and completed the COS START requirements and met with their major academic advisor.

Non-degree seeking students

  • Students are eligible for registration one week prior to the beginning of the term
  • No PIN required for non-Ecampus students
  • Ecampus non-degree seeking students will be required a PIN for registration. They must first complete the Ecampusorientation in order to receive their PIN.
  • COS Non-degree seeking students are assigned to the COS Head Advisor

Late change of reg. petitions


COS contacts

OtR academic standing questions

Purpose of petition for late change of registration

The primary purpose for this petition form is for students who want to make changes to their current term course registration, after the relative deadlines have passed.


  • End of week 1 (Sunday):
    -Last day to add a course without departmental approval
    -Last day to drop a class with a full refund
  • Week 1: Auditing registration open. Closes on Friday of this week.
  • End of week 2 (Sunday): Last day to add a course with departmental approval.
  • End of week 3 (Sunday): Last day to withdraw from a course with 50% refund.
  • End of week 7 (Friday): Last day to change the grading basis of a course or withdraw from a course.
  • End of week 10 (Friday): Last day to withdraw from the term.


When a student is registered for a course and would like to switch into the same course, but a different section and it is past the add without departmental approval deadline.

Required signatures

  • Instructor of added section
  • Department
  • Student
  • Head advisor

Supporting documents

  • none required

Other information

  • Anytime we add a course for a student and drop a course for a student, they are charged a separate fee for the add and the drop.
  • There is a $20.00 fee per course changed. Late registration fees are $50.00 for first 2 weeks of classes.


When a student would like to add a course after the deadline to add a class without departmental approval (adding a course after the end of week 1)

Required signatures

  • Instructor
  • Department
  • Student
  • Head advisor

Supporting documents

  • none required

Other information

  • There is a $20.00 fee per course changed. Late registration fees are $50.00 for first 2 weeks of classes.


When a student would like to drop a course after the deadline to drop a class (dropping a course after the end of week 1)

Required signatures

  • Instructor
  • Department
  • Student
  • Head advisor

Supporting documents

  • Personal statement explaining reason for requesting the drop after the deadline (what prohibited the student from being able to drop on time?)
  • Documentation of the circumstances that prohibited the student from meeting the deadline (hospitalization records, memorial/funeral service program with dates, official documentation with dates)

Other information

  • There is a $20.00 fee per course changed. Late registration fees are $50.00 for first 2 weeks of classes.


When a student would like to withdraw from a course after the deadline to withdraw a class (withdrawing from a course after the end of week 1)

Required signatures

  • Instructor
  • Department
  • Student
  • Head advisor

Supporting documents

  • Personal statement explaining reason for requesting the withdraw after the deadline (what prohibited the student from being able to withdraw on time?)
  • Documentation of the circumstances that prohibited the student from meeting the deadline (hospitalization records, memorial/funeral service program with dates, official documentation with dates)

Other information

  • There is a $20.00 fee per course changed. Late registration fees are $50.00 for first 2 weeks of classes.


When a student would like to change the grading basis of a course after the deadline for change of grading basis (change of grading request after the end of week 7)

Required signatures

  • Student
  • Head advisor

Supporting documents

  • Personal statement explaining reason for requesting the withdraw after the deadline (what prohibited the student from being able to withdraw on time?)
  • Documentation of the circumstances that prohibited the student from meeting the deadline (hospitalization records, memorial/funeral service program with dates, official documentation with dates)

Other information

  • There is a $20.00 fee per course changed. Late registration fees are $50.00 for first 2 weeks of classes.


When a student wishes to request the ability to enroll in 25+ credits in a given term.

Required signatures

  • Student
  • Head advisor

Supporting documents

  • Personal statement explaining the reason the student is requesting more than the maximum allowable credits for a term (more than 24).

Other information

  • Student must have a 3.0 GPA in the previous 3 quarters to be eligible.

Academic reinstatement


COS contacts

OtR Academic Standing Questions

End of term processing of students' academic standing is run by the Registrar's office and will happen after final grades have been submitted for the term (final grades due by MONDAY after finals week). COS central advising office will run COS academic standing reports after OtR end of term process is complete, and provide appropriate lists to departments, include a term Dean's list provided to the COS Dean.

Students who are placed on academic suspension have 3 options to be reinstated:

Option 1: Take 2 calendar years off;

a. If a student is suspended in Fall 2020, they may apply for reinstatement for Winter of 2023

Option 2: Complete 24 transferable credits with a 2.5 GPA at another college or university;

a. Credits must not include previously completed OSU courses.b.Courses must be letter graded with C-or betterc.2.5 GPA requirement applies to the 24 credits used for reinstatement, not the students' cumulative transfer GPA.

Option 3: If the student believes they have significant extenuating circumstances that should allow them immediate re-entry, they may request a exception to reinstatement policy. Only in rare situations that meet all four of the following conditions will be considered for exception to reinstatement:

  1. The poor academic performance was the result of extraordinary circumstances that have been demonstrably corrected or substantially addressed, and should no longer adversely influence the student’s academic performance;
  2. The head advisor of the student’s college, or the student’s academic advisor, in consultation with the head advisor, is willing and able to argue convincingly that the student has a strong probability of completing the degree program to which the student would be reinstated;
  3. In addition to the poor academic performance, there is also evidence in the academic record of an ability to make timely progress toward completion of a degree program; and
  4. The student provides a proposed schedule and a detailed plan to foster academic improvement, which have been reviewed and endorsed by the head advisor. Requests for exception meeting the above criteria may or may not be granted

Option 4: Request for Exception to Reinstatement based on Senior Exception.

  1. More specific instructions to come.

Students completing Option 1 or 2 above must submit a request for reinstatement form

  • Forms are due to COS 3-4 weeks priorto the term reinstatement is requested to ensure meeting the OtR deadline.
  • The OtR deadline to submit the request is 2 weeks prior to the term, however, COS students requesting reinstatement are required to meet with the COS Student Success Advisor (Jen Olarra) for one hour to discuss steps for reinstatement, on-campus resources for success, past barriers that influenced academic suspension and how the student has remedied these, COS support resources, and more.
  • Major advisors are not required to submit any documentation or signatures.
  • Students may complete the Request for Reinstatement then immediately submit an appointment request with Jen here.
  • Students who request reinstatement using the 24 credit option, should be prepared to share their unofficial transcripts at the time of their COS reinstatement appointment (unless official transcripts have already been received by the university).

Students falling OPTION 3 will submit the petition for exception to OSU reinstatement regulations form.

  • Reinstatement is not guaranteed, even with College support.
  • This process can take several days as students must meet with multiple advisors prior to submitting their petition to the Registrar's office. Students should play ahead accordingly if possible, or understand waiting one term may be required.
  • To submit a petition, students must complete the following steps:
    Step 1: Complete the Petition for Exception to OSU Reinstatement Regulations form.
    Step 2: Write a personal statement outlining the circumstances that led to the poor academic performance and what they have done to remedy the situation
    Step 3: Schedule an appoint with their major academic advisor to complete the academic performance agreement. This form is part of their Petition pack and should come prepared with these documents.
    Step 4: Students will need their major advisor to write a letter of support
    Step 5: Gather any documentation of the students extenuating circumstances and any evidence of remedying these circumstances
    Step 6: Schedule an appointment with the COS Student Success Advisor Jen Olarra for one hour to discuss steps for reinstatement, on-campus resources for success, past barriers that influenced academic suspension and how the student has remedied these, COS support resources, and more.
    Step 7: COS central advising office will submit the students petition to the Registrar's office if it has been supported by the College.
  • Final deadline for submitting the petition for the term reinstatement is requested is typically Monday of the first day of term. Therefore, students should act immediately upon receiving their final grades, if they are requesting reinstatement for the following term. Actual dates and deadlines can be found on the academic standing committee webpage.
  • Students suspended after Winter term will only be considered for Summer term reinstatement or later.

Science STAR process


COS contacts

Admin STAR Support

OtR academic standing questions

Traditional First-Year students who are placed on Academic Warning or Academic Probation, will have registration holds placed on their account once grades are finalized until they complete the STAR process. Advisors can find complete information and resources about STAR on the Canvas for Advisor webpage.The

STAR process is as follows:

  1. AW/PR message is sent from Jen Olarra to all student on warning or probation on the Thursday or Friday following finals week with instructions on how to complete the required success advising meeting.
  2. Students schedule an academic success meeting with Jen Olarra for break or weeks 1-2 of the term.
  3. If a student has an urgent need to update their term registration, upon outreach from student or major advisor, Jen will temporarily lift the hold once the student has scheduled with her.Please note, Jen will leave a note asking the major advisor to hold their next PIN as a means of enforcing participation in thesuccess advising meeting.Because COS cannot replace the hold, we rely on cooperation from our major advisors in withholding PINs so that we can best serve the needs of our students.
  4. AW/PR notes will be loaded into MyDegrees each term as applicable and Jen will similarly leave detailed notes chronically what the student has shared about their challenges in the previous term(s).

FERPA info

Quick links

  1. FERPA webpage
  2. Canvas for advisors OtR resources page.


COS contacts

Important reminders

From the OtR "Procedural Document for Joint Consent to Release Information"

About releasing data

When offices receive phone calls from external parties about students who have consented to release information, ensure that the party tells you both the student’s name and the secret code. If they do not know the secret code, direct them to check back with the student.

Offices should only release data that has been explicitly stated and that your particular office oversees. For example, if a third party calls an academic advising office for a student’s class schedule, they should be re-directed to the Office of the Registrar. However, if the third party asks for information about advising appointments, the advising office may release that information over the phone if the student has consented to release that information.

Suggestions for handling parents asking for abundance of information

FERPA outlines that school officials may release information with a student’s written consent. The rule of may not must is important to consider, particularly if offices are receiving abundant requests from one particular party on behalf of one student.

If someone is requesting official information (e.g. transcript, verification of enrollment), the student will needto fill out an official request for each release, as this form does not cover releases of official documents. This is meant to provide informal information that is relevant to a particular purpose, such as to serve as a waiver for someone to join on an advising appointment or to be able to learn a balance on a bill that needs to be paid.

Undergraduate extra credits petition

Quick links

  1. Academic regulation #7
  2. Undergrad extra credit petition form


COS contacts

Important reminders

  • Undergrad Extra Credit Petition form will only be accepted during Phase II of registration
  • Student may request up to 24 credits with this form. For request above 24 credits, students must submit the Petition for Late Change of Registration.
  • Student must have completed at least 12 credits in letter graded courses with a 3.00 GPA in their most recent term enrolled to be eligible
  • Major advisor must sign the form before the College Head Advisor
  • COS Head Advisor will submit the form to the OtR if approved (OtR will notify student when processed),
  • COS Head Advisor will notify the student if the petition is denied.

Workflow/change of program


  • When submitted a change of program request, remember to double check your request against the students current MyDegrees program of study on record.
  • It is very helpful when advisors put a note in the students MyDegrees record, so that the central COS advisors can verify the request that is being submitted. Even short notes to indicate an update of catalog year or change of campus is important for us to verify the request for accuracy.
  • If you are submitted a request for student who needs immediate attention, please make sure to email the Head Advisor or, to request expedition. At high peak advising times the workflow que may not be cleared for 2 or more weeks, so any records that require immediate attention should be shared with central COS advising staff as soon as possible.
  • For catalog year changes, you can fill out the students curriculum as it should be, then include a note in the “Comments” box to let the Registrar’s Office know to which catalog year the students profile should be updated to. (Ex. “Please update students program of student to catalog year 2010-2011. No other program changes required.”)
  • For students who have or would like to add a certificate program, this option in under the “Secondary Curriculum” portion. Select the “Degree” drop down menu, then “CERT” followed by the appropriate Campus, College and certificate program of study under the “Major 1” drop down menu.
  • If there are any uncertainties, or if you would like to ensure the Registrar’s Office is aware of aspects of the students program that should notbe changed, it is always a good idea to include a comment stating what your requesting, to make sure to verify the information you’ve completed in the fillable form.
  • For Honors College students, only HC advisors can remove students from the HC. If you advisors don’t make any note about the student’s enrollment in the Honor’s College, that’s ok as no changes will be made to their HC status.
  • If you are uncertain whether you have already submitted a request, you can email the central COS advising team at
  • To check on the status of your workflow request and to view your workflow history, view the OtR viewing workflow history document in Canvas for Advisors.

Submitted a request

  1. When logged in to your Web for Advisors screen, select “Program Change Request” at the very bottom of the menu
  2. Select the term you want the change to take effect

  3. Input the students ID, then verify the student

  4. You’ll be directed to the students Program Change History page, where you’ll select “Request Program Change” at the top of the screen

  5. On the next page, click on the “Workflow” link. This will take you into the Banner Workflow screen
  6. On the Workflow screen, select the student’s name. NOTE: typically you won’t see the student immediately upon going into this screen. Refresh your webpage (or click on “worklist” under the “Home” menu) until you see the students name appear.

  7. Complete the Workflow Change of Program for the student by inputting Effective Term, Primary Curriculum, Secondary Curriculum (if applicable), and Minors (if applicable). Note that all fields are auto populated with the student’s current program on the right hand side.

    Click the “I approve of this change as requested by the student” box, before selecting complete at the bottom of the screen

NOTE: It is high advisable to double check the students MyDegrees record to verify their program of study. Please be sure to include any current programs the student would like to retain on their program of study.

Cancelling a request

If you’ve started a workflow request to change a student’s program that you no longer wish to submit, you can cancel your request by going into your workflow que and clicking on the spy glass to the right of the students name

On the next screen, select the “Stop Workflow Request” link, and you’re done!

Workflow change of grading

For information on approving a “Change of Grading” petition (aka S/U form), you can view the training guide here: advisor training guide change of grade basis process

This guide includes information on:

  • Student process for submitting change of grading request
  • Advisor process for approving requests
  • Reminders & Deadlines
  • How to reassign a request to another advisor


COS contact

Registration holds

Student who have a registration hold on their account will needto fill out the paper form to request a change of grading basis and submit it to the Office of the Registrar at While university offices work remotely, students may forward your form to their advisor, who will send it to the Office of the Registrar upon approval. Advisors must submit signed requests by the deadline to the Office of the Registrar at

Request approval timeframe

  • Once the student signs their request, their primary advisor will typically have 48 hours to approve the students' request.
  • If the advisor does not approve within the 48 hour approval window, the request will be forwarded to the students college head advisor, who will have an additional 48 hours to approve the request.
  • If the college head advisor does not approve the request, it will be voided. If the student would still like to request a change of grading, they will have to resubmit their request.
  • All DocuSign forms have an expiration of 7 days, meaning that there is a 7 day total window from the student initiating the request, to final advisor approval.
    -If a student submits a requests but does not take immediate action to complete/sign the form, this time counts in the 7 day window.
    -example: Student submits a request for S/U on Tuesday 3/2. The student receives an email to approve/sign their submitted request (similar to the one advisors receive). The student does not respond/sign their request until Sunday 3/7. The primary advisor will haveuntil 3/9 to approve the request. If the request is not approved in this timeline, it will not be forwarded to the college head advisor, but will be voided by the system for meeting the maximum time frame for the request.
  • It’s important for students (andall signers) to take action as soon as they receive the email notification after submitting the request. For these requests, the advisor had a very limited time to review and sign.

Forward a request to another advisor

If a student is no longer in your major, you can forward the request to their appropriate advisor or college head advisor.

    1. Open up the DocuSign form.
    2. On the top right corner, you should see "other actions". Click on this
    3. Select the option to "assign to someone else"
    4. You will be asked to provide the advisor's name and OSU email address of the new reviewer/signed, and a reason for changing the signing authorizer. a.Make sure to use the advisors' OSU email address that is shown in the Outlook address book
    5. Click on "assign to someone else" to complete your request
    6. You will receive an email confirmation from DocuSign that the request has been assigned to someone else

TR credit resources

Quick links


Articulation errors, edits, updates-
Transfer decisions, applications-
Checking if a transcript or test scores have been received for an applicant/
International Transfer Credit Articulations: Stacy Spellings (

Registration holds and descriptions



Registration Hold?


Academic Deficiency


Admissions Hold



Academic Probation Contact Advising



A/R Merged Accts


Academic Suspension



Academic Warning Contact Advising



Account Balance



Account Balance



No Signed RCA



Bus Affairs W/O



A/R MECOP/CECOP Internship


Account Balance


Account Balance



Returned Check


Bus Affairs A/R



Cascades Commencement


Teaching Evaluation Incomplete


Cascades Admit Math Deficit



Cascade Campus



Cascades Registration



Change Grad State Required



Cascades AW



Departmental Transcript Hold


Dismissed By Grad Dept



Dean's Registration (Your Dean)



Departmental Registration Holds



Dean of Students



Dean's Transcript (Your Dean)


Conditional Admission



EOP Registration



EOP Transcript


ELI Transcript


Financial Aid


Grad Admission Provisional



Grad Dean Regis



Grad Dean Transcript


Grad Admissions



Grad Department


SHS AlcoholEdu


SHS Haven


Health Insurance-Intl



Health Service



ISAS Non-Degree



Int'l Education Transcript


Instructor's Transcript Hold


Int'l Programs



Library Transcript


Low Gr Grades






Int'l Admissions



INTO OSU Finance



Int'l Application






Non-Degree Undergrad Limit



No Grad Program



INTO Registration



Parking Dept Transcript


OSU Residency


Deficit Foreign Lang.


Insufficient Institutional GPA


Deficient Over Credits


Deficient Upper Division Hours


Failing/Insufficient Grade


Insufficient Program GPA


Honors/International Thesis


Missing Requirements


Incomplete/Alternate Grade


Awaiting Transfer Work


Advisor Cancel


Minor/Option/Cert incomplete


2nd Degree Incomplete


Missing Preliminary Grades


Graduated Student



Registrar Registration



Must Apply as Postbacc


Apply for future term


Minor/Option/Cert Required


Y Grade Required


Registrar Transcript


Resolve Y Grade


Student Loan



Student Services Registration



Student Services Transcript


Grad TOEFL Provision



Transcript Dept


Vet med Registration



Vet med Transcript

Student hold fact sheet for advisors

Non-INTO OSU holds that prevent registration:

  • BC & BR –Cashier in Kerr Administration Building. The student has owed money for a length of time or they owe over $2,000 and they are not allowed to register. Send to the Cashier and tell student once they pay that they need to ask to have their hold released by the Cashier immediately, otherwise it will take a few days for this to happen.
  • BP –Cashier. This means the student needs to make a payment on his/her student account but they can still register for classes.
  • HI & HS –Student Health Services. Send to Health Center to work out with the appropriate Student Health Center Office and tell student to ask for the hold to be released. Students must go on or after the date of the hold becomes effective.
  • IT –Immigration Document Check-In Hold. Student needs to go to the Heckart Lodge with his/her passport, visa, I-94 and all I-20s. (I think sending them to Heckart might be nice for our Welcome Desk at that time, just to reduce their traffic).
  • IT –Visa Session Hold. Student needs to check in at the ILLCWelcome Desk for next steps.
  • IT –Local Address Hold. Student needs to turn in their local address. The student needs to go to Heckart Lodge, turn in their local address, and ask for the hold to be removed. Laws state that the student must have a local address on file for Visa purposes.

INTO OSU specific holds that prevent registration

  • N2 –Extension Hold. Student needs to go to the ILLC Welcome Desk and complete the program extension form. The student will need to allow time for the form to be processed and must pay their balance in full before they can register.
  • N2 –Academic Probation. Student will need to sign a contract at registration with the Coordinator/Associate Coordinator before being allowed to register for classes for the next term.
  • N2 –Registration. This hold will be updated at INTO OSU registration activities.
  • N3 or AM –International Admissions Hold. Inform the student what documents are listed. If they need further information, send them to the ILLC Welcome Desk to meet with an International Admissions Officer otherwise they can just turn in their official documents at the Welcome Desk.
  • N4 –INTO OSU Finance. Send student to ILLC Welcome Desk to make an appointment with the Finance Department to pay their bill.
  • N5 –INTO OSU Attendance or Academic Suspension. There is an appeal process with a specific deadline. The student will have been informed of the steps in their ONID e-mail.
  • EL –See Cond Eng Poliy Coordinator. This hold is placed on all students who are CAP or CAPN Students. This hold will be updated at registration activities.Non-INTO OS

Holds that do not effect registration

  • BS –Cashier. This means the student has a problem with a returned check. The student should go and see the Cashier to work thisout with them. It doesn’t affect registration but does affect grades.
  • CE –Course Evaluations. Student needs to go online and complete their teacher evaluations. This hold affects transcripts but not registration.
  • N3 –Financial Guarantee Hold –Tell student to get new Financial Guarantee letter from their sponsor and it needs to be turned into the Welcome Desk in the ILLC.
  • SR –Student Services Regulation. Send the student to the department listed in the reason section of hold and give them the phonenumber. If no information in the reason section, please refer them to the Student Conduct Office in Kerr Administration Building, Room B058