To support excellent teaching and learning innovation that advances Oregon State University’s retention and completion goals through strategic use of new endowed positions.
The focus of these awards is to advance undergraduate student success and to inspire the development and dissemination of innovative, research-based strategies that engage students and increase retention and completion.
Both instructors and tenure-track faculty are encouraged to apply. As critical contributors to the University’s broader Student Success Initiative, the Faculty Scholars will be a recognized community of practice, committed to sharing teaching practices that are proven to engage students and increase their success at OSU.
The funds are intended to be used with some flexibility, and may be used in support of the faculty member’s salary, professional development, student support or training of graduate teaching assistants, as examples.
Award: $12,500 per year, for three years.
Deadline: February 1, 2021
- Name (Short Answer)
- Department (Short Answer)
- Phone (Short Answer)
- Title (Short Answer)
- Please discuss other funding that may be available for this project (whether or not you currently have funding, or have researched other resources) (Short Answer)
Please add the following files with your application:
- Personal Statement, no longer than 1 page, that discusses teaching philosophy and experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- Project proposal (no more than 4 pages) which addresses:
- Evidence to increasing student engagement and success via innovative curriculum design, use of technology, or pedagogy – Any curricular delivery modes may qualify for this program (face-to-face, hybrid, online).
- Application of best practices for student success and equity and inclusion – Outcomes should integrate diversity throughout any curricular changes or improvements.
- Sustainable outcomes – Benefiting colleges/units should demonstrate a commitment to sustaining efforts beyond the term of the endowed award (i.e., how will it be sustained after the award ends?).
- Measurement and assessment of results and sharing lessons learned – Annual reports will be expected and should reflect appropriate data tracking of activities and their impact on student success.
- Alignment with OSU’s Strategic Plan 4.0
- Budget for project (The funds are intended to be used with some flexibility, and may be used in support of the faculty member’s salary, professional development, student support or training of graduate teaching assistants, as examples.)
- Letter(s) of support (no more than 3, one of which should be from your Department Head)
Nominations should be submitted to Henri Jansen (Henri.Jansen@oregonstate.edu)